I love to snack and I love bliss balls. They’re easy to whip up in the kitchen, you can experiment with loads of different ingredients and they’re a no fuss treat that takes less than 15 minutes to throw together.
My favourite are these coconut and matcha bliss balls. Matcha is a powdered green tea used in traditional Japanese tea ceremonies and it’s full of antioxidants, gives you energy and endurance and enhances calm (something I find to be the most important thing as a yoga teacher). These bliss balls take around 15 minutes to make and only require a handful of ingredients, so let’s get started.
Ingredients (Makes approximately 10 bliss balls)
- 1 cup of cashew nuts
- 1 teaspoon of matcha powder
- 5 medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of desiccated coconut (and some to save to roll the bliss balls in too)
- A pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and whizz together until the mixture sticks together.
- Taking a teaspoon or tablespoon amount (depending on how big you want to make the bliss balls), make a round ball and roll it around in some more desiccated coconut.
- Leave in the fridge for around 15 minutes to set and enjoy!